Pioneer DJ Official Introduction: DDJ-FLX6 4-channel DJ controller for rekordbox and Serato DJ Pro. Turn it up to 11 – Pioneer DJ Official Introduction: DJM-S11 professional 2-channel DJ mixer. Update to rekordbox (ver. 6.1.1) brings new Edit mode and TIDAL support View. The Roland DJ-202 is the entry-level model in the company’s line of Serato DJ Pro controllers that also included the DJ-505 and the flagship DJ-808. The DJ-202 looks very similar to Pioneer DJ’s DDJ-SB2 device: you’ve got two jogwheels on either side of the unit that have a full complement of performance pads, transport controls and an FX.
The Roland DJ-202 is the perfect entry-level controller, and comes with Serato DJ Lite for free, just download, plug in and away you go.
- Two-channel, four-deck controller
- Two large low-latency platters
- Eight dedicated pads with Hot Cue, Loop, Sequencer, and Sampler modes
- Eight in-built, preset TR drum sounds for quick and easy beat production
- Onboard Roland sequencer to trigger TR-S sounds or samples in Serato DJ Lite
- Mic input with vocal FX
In this detailed post we will be comparing the 3 most popular beginner DJ controllers in 2018; the Pioneer DDJ 400 vs Pioneer DDJ SB3 vs Roland DJ 202 vs Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S2 Mk3. There are complete review videos for each DJ controller plus performance videos to see them in action and finally a comparison video to help you. The Roland DJ-202 is a forward-thinking Serato DJ Lite controller that gives DJs the features and layout of a full-size professional controller in a rugged and portable unit. The Roland DJ 202 released in late 2017 is an exciting product for entry-level DJ’s. Like most of its competitors, the 202 is used with Serato DJ Lite. This little unit remarkably manages to pack a full Roland drum machine inside the controller.
Stream millions of tracks
Finding new music is no longer an issue with streaming in Serato DJ Lite.
This hardware unlocks Serato DJ Lite for free when plugged into the software.
Rekordbox Windows 10Download DJ Lite
Paid upgrade to
Get access to the full feature set like record and extra cues and loops with Serato DJ Pro. Buy for USD 129 or subscribe from USD 9.99/m.Start a free trial
This hardware controls Serato Studio when plugged into the software. Download for free or buy now.
Pioneer Dj Rekordbox DownloadDownload Studio
Quick start guides Roland DJ-202
Free Download Dj Controller Rekordbox
I INTRODUCE YOU TO REKORDBOX MAPPING FOR THE LEGENDARY CONTROLLER THAT IS DJ-808.
Requirements: a Mac, Rekordbox DJ, Bome MIDI Translator Pro.
Trial versions available*
1. Open Audio MIDI Setup application on Mac.
2. Choose Window - MIDI Studio.
3. Rename IAC Driver Device to PIONEER DDJ-SR.
4. Clear the IAC bus name so there would be one bus with it's name blank.
5. Check 'Device is online'.
6. Open Rekordbox.
7. Import PIONEER DDJ-SR.csv from Rekordbox's MIDI window to Pioneer DDJ-SR device.
8. Open the DJ-808.bmtp file with bome.
9. Open Bome Midi Translator - Preferences - Virtual MIDI Ports and adjust the settings (number of virtual ports:1; short port names)
10. Import DJ-808.csv from Rekordbox's MIDI window to Bome Virtual device (named BMT).
To set up the audio device
1. Select DJ-808 from Preferences.
2. Set Mixer Mode to Internal.
3. Set Headphones to output 9 and 10
4. Booth and Master to 11 and 12.
5. Close the settings window
6. Select show Mixer from the top row.
7. Just next to the crossfader on screen, you will see mixing and level knobs. Turn the mixing knob all the way to the left and the level knob all the way to the right. Now you can monitor properly with your headphones. Use the hardware knobs on your DJ-808 to adjust headphone volume and mixing.
8. Adjust overall volume from Sound prefpane to around 1/7th.
Step 7 has to be done every time you start up Rekordbox.
Rekordbox DVS: ✓
Browser section: ✓
Deck section: ✓
Jog Wheels: ✓
Indicators (VU meters & Play State): ✓
Everything is mapped logically! However, one of the new and hidden features is long press fx tap beat for auto bpm :) SamplerTapBpm and Master(Sampler) is mapped the same way. (I forgot to translate the feedback for those.) Also, shift + rotary browse is wave zoom. Shift + Fx rotary selects the release effect. Fx rotary press turns on the release fx. Shift+Cue jumps to track start. Shift + Jog scratch track search is awesome.
I made shift modifiers for filter knobs that activate/deactivate 4 of rekordbox filters(jet, space, crush, filter). Center and left position turn off the filter; holding down shift and turning a filter knob to the right turns on the filter.
My work here shows that less complex controllers can be easily mapped up to 100% with all Pioneer Hardware exclusive features. As long as you have a Mac... There is a windows alternative, Bome MIDI Translator Classic that can do a few things the Mac version does but in the case of this controller, it would not work.
Next on the to-do list: Mapping the pads and translating the coloured feedback. Some of the feedback for pads is mapped, however the colors are not quite right and the input needs to be converted which I haven't had time to do yet.
My trial of rekordbox ended, that's why I'll be inactive for a while.
If you like my work and/or have a disposable license of rekordbox laying around feel free to donate me
latest version:v3, updated 26 sept.