Specially developed for DIY decorators, the success of Harris® products has always been down to how we continually develop products to meet your needs. Discover new ranges Create your own My Projects account. Attention to detail – the secret to professional painting and decorating. Listed under abranet, Blog, Painting, preparation Posted Apr 13 2010. So it isn’t a secret now, but attention to detail is what separates the painting and decorating men from the boys. Blick offers a wide range of fine art paint, painting supplies, and paint mediums for artists of all experience levels, from the youngest artist to the most experienced professional. From oil paint, acrylic paint, and watercolor paint to innovative painting media such as encaustics, fluid acrylics for paint pouring, and watersoluble artist.
When it comes to creating the perfect paintjob, having access to the right equipment is extremely important. The quality of your paint will have an impact on the finished project, but so will the kinds of brushes and rollers you choose to use. Here at Paintmaster, we can deliver a full range of pure bristle paint brushes of various sizes. We can also provide rollers and roller sets to quickly cover floors, walls and ceilings.
These brushes and roller sets can be used on a wide range of surfaces. They are also able to apply a variety of different paints and treatments. Whether you’re looking to apply a wood treatment, paint a wall or varnish a surface, these brushes are essential. Whether you’re looking to protect an external surface or redecorate your interior, we are here for you. The Paintmaster team can deliver all the accessories, paints and treatments that you require.
How Will I Know Which is the Best Brush for My Project?
It is always best to ensure that you have multiple brushes and rollers to complete your project. Paintmaster brushes are made from pure bristles – as such, they all deliver a high-quality service and even coverage for all paints and treatments.
There are several things that you need to consider when choosing the best brush for you. These can include:
- Comfort– Find a brush with a comfortable handle. Easy-grip handles can help you to apply the paint evenly and professionally for as long as you require.
- Bristle Quality– Different kinds of bristles will deliver a different service. For example, some synthetic bristles are better at applying water-based bristles. In our experience, pure bristles offer the best all-round coverage and service for treatments and paints of all kinds.
You should also take care to choose the right width of brush for your needs. Many projects will require brushes of different widths to complete the project to a high standard.
What are Different Brush Widths Used For?
Professional Decorators Paint Brushes Near Me
If you want to create a professional standard paintjob, you need to take advantage of several different brush sizes and rollers. Brushes of different sizes are used for different parts of the painting and decorating project. As such, choosing a brush width of the right size is extremely important. The different brush sizes you’ll need to complete your project include:
- 4” Pure Bristle Brushes– These are some of the widest handheld brushes available. They can be used to quickly cover a wide surface area to a high-quality. They are large enough to quickly cover all kinds of surfaces, but small enough to easily and comfortable control.
- 3” Pure Bristle Brushes– These are a good size for covering small, medium and large surfaces. They are most effective on flat, even surfaces and areas with minor decoration, such as woodwork, doors and skirting boards. A 3” pure bristle brush is a great medium-sized brush for painting and decorating.
- 2” Pure Bristle Brushes– 2” pure bristle brushes can be used to comfortably decorate all kinds of surfaces. They are small enough to be easily controlled, but large enough to cover the targeted surface as quickly as possible. They can be used on flat surfaces and to create even lines on decorative surfaces.
- 1” Pure Bristle Brushes – These small pure bristle brushes are the perfect choice for small surfaces and painting around delicate areas and decoration. 1” pure bristle brushes are commonly used in a range of projects to cut-in paint. These brushes are used in almost every project to ensure the surface’s edge are clean and even.
When Should I Abandon the Brush and Use a Professional-Standard Roller?
If you’re looking to carry out a bit of DIY or a domestic project, you may be reluctant to swap the brush for a roller. However, rollers can help you to finish any painting and decorating project much quicker and to a higher standard. Rollers and roller sets can also be used to apply most kinds of paints and treatments. If you’re looking to cover a large surface area, rollers are the most effective method.
There are many situations where a roller will be a better option than a handheld brush – these include:
- Painting Difficult to ReachAreas – Thanks to the extensions of a roller, they can be used to quickly paint surfaces which are out of reach. This means that rollers can be used to high wall and even ceilings. Without a roller, you would be required to install temporary scaffolding to complete these painting and decorating projects.
- Quickly Covering Large Areas– Thanks to the width of these rollers, you can quickly cover a large area. The roller will apply paint and treatments evenly and to a high standard. Depending on the type of paint, you may need to apply more than one layer to achieve the correct colour.
Professional Decorators Paint Brushes For Sale
Here at Paintmaster, we can provide industry-leading painting accessories to help you complete any project as quickly as possible. Whether you’re looking for professional-standard brushes or roller sets to quickly and easily complete any project, we are here for you.
For Specialist Pure Bristle Brushes and Rollers, Call Paintmaster Today
Here at Paintmaster, we can provide a full range of pure bristle brushes and roller sets to suit your needs. Whether you’re looking to quickly cover a large area, or paint small and difficult to access areas, we are here for you.
For more information on choosing the right brushes and roller sets for you, call Paintmaster today. Our experienced team are more than happy to help you find the perfect width of brush to suit your needs. You can talk to our painting and decorating experts directly on 01663 733633. If you prefer, you can also email any questions or concerns you might have to [email protected] Our experienced team will get back to you as soon as we possibly can.
Fossa ViperTrim Straight Cut Synthetic Paint Brush with Beavertail hardwood handle is suitable for use with all decorative paints such as emulsions and acrylics when cutting in, but it excels when used with any water-borne trim paints on doors, windows, cladding, skirting etc. You can also purchase the ViperTrim in a Angled-cut trim.
The ViperTrim has been praised by Professional Decorators because it performs so well with todays modern water-based paints. It's hand chiseled tip, sharp straight edge, and stainless steel oval ferrule offers good loading with precise control. It uses a latest generation Polybutylene Terephalate synthetic filament blend, with softer, fine tapered filament ends that release paint smoothly and produce an brilliant fine, brush-mark free finish.
Make sure you buy a paint brush comb, which is highly recommended for combing and straightening the paint brush filament during use. For water-based paints, dampen filaments before use, to aid cleaning and reduce dry paint build up.
Fossa ViperTrim Straight Cut Synthetic Paint Brush with Beavertail hardwood handle is is available in the most popular 1.5 inch and 2 inch widths, and supplied in replaceable hook n loop secured brush keep. You can purchase them in singles, or packs of 6 paint brushes to save you even more.
*all prices include VAT