Perhaps many of you want to use more than one operating system at the same time for different purposes (gaming, working, programming, hacking, designing, etc…). Obviously, each operating system has its own strengths. If you have been using Windows or Mac OS but now you’re a little bit curious about Linux and considering install Linux on your device, sure you can install parallelly Kali Linux with your current OS. However, it can be able to lead to many problems when you install 2 OS on your machine and in some cases, it is very frustrating and time-consuming when problems occur. Then, we have an alternative solution which is more handy in some cases when we use a virtual machine. Instead of simultaneously installing 2 parallel systems on your real machine, you’re able to install the OS(s) that you want in the virtual machine. It saves time, easy to install, unlimited the OS that you want and totally isolated with your OS you’re currently using.
In this article, I want to introduce to you “How to install Kali Linux on Virtual Box on MacOS X”.
- Kali Linux Full Screen Virtualbox Mac
- Kali Linux Virtualbox Vm
- Kali Linux Virtualbox Windows 10
- Kali Linux Ova Virtualbox
- Import Kali Linux appliance in VirtualBox. Make sure the source is set to Local File System (assuming the downloaded file is on your machine). Then click the folder icon to navigate to the file you downloaded from Offensive Security and select Open. VirtualBox appliance import screen.
- Hacking on Mac: How to install Kali Linux on Virtual Box Step by Step 2019 5 min read. On February 5, 2019. Perhaps many of you want to use more than one operating system at the same time for different purposes (gaming, working, programming, hacking, designing, etc). Obviously, each operating system has its own strengths.
Download Kali Linux Images Securely. When you download an image, be sure to download the SHA256SUMS and SHA256SUMS.gpg files that are next to the downloaded image (i.e. In the same directory on the Kali Linux Download Server).Before verifying the checksums of the image, you must ensure that the SHA256SUMS file is the one generated by Kali.
First, these are two things you need to do:
- Download Kali Linux: CLICK HERE.
- Download VirtualBox: CLICK HERE.
When you’re done, start the installation by opening VirtualBox
Click to “New button” this window will appear
Pick a name and machine folder, the type is “Linux” and version is Debian(64 bit) if you’ve just downloaded Kali Linux 64bit version. Then, press Continue.
Choose your memory size for your virtual machine
Typically, 1GB RAM is fine for Linux. So I recommend you just choose 1GB is enough then press “continue”.
Tick on “Create a new virtual hard disk now” and press Create
Choose VDI “VirtualBox Disk Image” then press “Continue”
Next, click on “Dynamically Allocated” then press “Continue”
Next, choose file location and size
File location is where your virtual machine will be saved in. Default size for the virtual hard disk is 8GB, but I recommend it would be little more, 20GB is good. Then press “Create”.
Almost done, your virtual machine has been created
Now, click on the “Settings button” and go to “Storage” category
Kali Linux Full Screen Virtualbox Mac
You should see something the same likes this screen.
On “Attributes” section, focus on Optical Drive. Choose the Kali file that you downloaded.
Kali Linux Virtualbox Vm
In my case, it’s kali-linux-2018.4-amd64.iso.
You should see this file I told above is under “Controller: IDE”
Kali Linux Virtualbox Windows 10
Then press OK.