Yeovil announce tragic passing of club captain, Lee Collins, aged just 32, as Altrincham clash is postponed. Sean Gallagher 1st April 2021, 2:26 pm. Updated: 1st April 2021, 3:17 pm. Prince Harry and Prince William Just Released Statements About Prince Philip’s Passing The brothers will both attend the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral. By Elizabeth Loga n. “For as I passed by, passing by, I saw your many devotions” Acts 17:23. Paul had just felt in his soul the paroxysm, the agitation, of seeing the whole city given to idolatry, so the title of the sermon is Passing By. Just looking at this believing world— dierchomenos, passing.
The Time I Was Surprise By 2 Police Officers & I Saved Myself Just In Time. Just Passing By!
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Related to pass by: come over
I Am Just Passing By Meaning
1. To move, travel, or proceed past someone or something. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between 'pass' and 'by.' We passed by a number of cute houses on our tour of the neighborhood.Turn left after you pass by the old church in the middle of town.
2. To ignore, overlook, or disregard someone or something. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between 'pass' and 'by.' They passed by my stand and went for the pastries the girl next to me was selling.I'm telling you, don't pass such a great opportunity by—you'll regret it for the rest of your life!He felt like life had passed him by, and now he was stuck in middle age with no interesting experiences or memories.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
pass someone or something by
to miss someone or something; to overlook someone or something. The storm passed by the town leaving it unharmed. The teacher passed me by and chose the next person in line.
pass by (someone or something)
to move or travel past someone, something, or some place. Please don't pass by me so fast. If you pass by a large white house with a red roof, you have gone too far.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. Proceed past something, as in If you pass by a white house, you've gone too far. [c. 1300]
I Was Just Passing By Sheet Music
2. Also, pass over. Disregard, overlook, as in Just pass by the first few pages and you'll get to the basics, or Ralph was passed over for promotion. [1300s]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. To move or travel past someone or something: You'll pass by many herds of cattle on your trip through the plains. We passed by Toledo on our way to Chicago.
2. To go past someone or something without stopping or acknowl-edging: We waved at the approaching truck, but it passed us by.
3. To move past in time; elapse: Many weeks passed by with no rain.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a friend about us, add a link to this page, or visit the webmaster's page for free fun content.
Link to this page:
I Was Just Passing By Chords